If Oscar Wilde is correct, and the difference between literature and journalism is that journalism is unreadable and literature is not read, we respectfully submit that in wine journalism, we have long held The World of Fine Wine to be the exception to that rule. We honor this standout in wine writing, and so are honored beyond measure to be featured in Bruce Schoenfeld’s poignant article about Bethel Heights in another beautiful issue of this magazine. We share it with you with great pleasure.
From World of Fine Wine, Issue 49, 2015:
BETHEL HEIGHTS: THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED
Bruce Schoenfeld tells the inspiring story of the Casteel family, who, at a critical crossroads in Oregon’s development as a wine region, have bravely struck out on a radical route whose successful end will be survival on their own principled terms.
Click Here to read the full article (PDF)
- Wine & Spirits: Wind Powered Pinot
- Top 100 Winery of the Year – 2014
- Vintage 2014 at Bethel Heights Vineyard: Warm, Dry, & Bountiful
- Amazing Scores from Wine Spectator
- “One of the best New World Chardonnays…”
- World of Fine Wine Features Bethel Heights
- Saveur Features Bethel Heights as a “Good with Everything” Red
- Forbes Highlights Bethel Heights Vineyard
- Wine Spectator: 30 Wineries to Trust
- Bethel Heights Wins Robert Parker Wine Advocate Extraordinary Winery Award