VINTRUST’S SOMM SELECTIONS, SPRING 2008
2004 Bethel Heights Vineyard Chardonnay Estate Grown – 94
- 15 Aroma: pear, green apple, lime
- 13 Flavor: ripe pear, lime, lemon, vanilla spice
- 14 Structure: lovely round texture, very bright acid
- 14 Length: long finish of pear skin, mineral
- 38 Balance: rich and refreshing
The [Chardonnay] wines using the Dijon clones in Oregon have complexity and vibrancy. They offer lush, rich, ripe fruit and spicy aromatics similar to California, but the mineral, earth and bright acidity gives these wines a uniqueness and sense of place that is so attractive in these days of mass produced, overblown, sweet and manipulated Chardonnay.