Buttery Lemon Bars
Serve with the Bethel Heights Vineyard 2010 Sparkling Rosé.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In large bowl of electric mixer beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add flour and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture evenly over bottom of well-greased 9 inch by 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (about 4 large lemons)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup flour
Powdered sugar for topping
- In large bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs until light then gradually add sugar and continue to mix until mixture is thick and yellow colored.
- Add lemon peel, lemon juice, flour and baking powder, mix until smooth and well combined.
- Pour mixture over baked crust and return to oven and bake 15-20 more minutes or until the top is a pale golden color.
- Place on rack to cool but while still slightly warm sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Cut into approximately 2 inch squares.